ATS Diesel Stage 3 Transmission Package 04.5-05 LLY Duramax
2004.5-05 GM Truck 4WD (w/ LLY Engine) Stage 3 Auto Trans Package.
– ATS Built Allison LCT1000 Auto Trans
– ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter
– ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
– ATS CoPilot Electronic Transmission Controller
– ATS Billet Flex Plate
Full Pull Diesel Performance is a trusted dealer and installer for all ATS Diesel products. ATS Diesel backs their transmissions with a 5 year/500,000 mile warranty, and you won’t find that anywhere else. The ATS Stage 3 Allison features:
- ATS Five Star billet torque converter, featuring five lock-up clutches, a billet 12 bolt cover, mixed flow stator and custom stall speeds
- ATS Co-Pilot Transmission Controller
- ATS Billet Flex Plate
- ATS C1-C5 custom CNC?d steels and proprietary clutch pack material
- Modified transmission pump to increase line pressure
- Modified A&B Trim Valves
- New gaskets and seals
- ATS Deep Transmission Pan featuring a 5 quart capacity over stock, finned design for heat dissipation and a magnetic drain plug
By increasing the capability of the torque converter, clutch surface area and line pressure, the transmission can hold 200% more torque than stock. The result is a setup strong enough to handle aftermarket fueling, turbo(s), tuning and the intensity of drag racing, sled-pulling or dyno competitions. Yet, it is still smooth enough to tow and daily drive.
The Stage 3 features the addition of the ATS Co-Pilot Transmission Controller. The controller dynamically raises line pressure electronically, for additional clamping force on the clutch packs. This prevents slip under high horsepower / high torque situations, such as drag racing, sled pulling or low-speed trailer towing. Shift firmness can be adjusted with the push of a button, so the driver can adjust shift feel in a matter of seconds. The Co-Pilot is designed for trucks at any power level, but becomes crucial at 600+ hp at the tires.
The Stage 3 also includes the ATS Billet Flex Plate. At power levels over 600hp, the factory flex plate can crack or break. The focus of the ATS Billet Flex Plate is to absorb more torsional load from the crank, thus resisting cracking/breaking as power transfers from the motor to the transmission.